Apply to be a Junior Royalty Candidate
We are looking for a “Few Good Raspberries” to join the next Royal Family to represent the city of Hopkins! If you live in Hopkins School District #270 and are 6 years old but not 9 as of July 1, 2016 you are eligible to become Hopkins Raspberry Festival Junior Royalty!
This program is not a pageant! It is a program that is recognized by other festivals state-wide because it allows a shy child to shine and become more self-confident. It also allows a very outgoing child to work well within a group setting. Children learn from each other with guidance and things that may have been obstacles, are now easily overcome with the support of other children within the group.
The program is very fun and is based on letting kids be kids. Every child is different in so many ways and that is what makes this program so important. The program embraces who they are as a child. Only four children will be crowned royalty but every child comes out of the program with a wonderful experience!
Alternatively, you may download the application to register.
Junior Candidate Coordinator
As a candidate you will …
- Have your picture taken and published in the local newspaper(s)
- Receive a special Hopkins Raspberry Festival candidate t-shirt
- Participate in fun activities with other junior candidates and make new friends
- Participate (ride) on the Junior Candidate Float during the Hopkins Grande Day Parade!
- Be recognized for doing a great job and for being a part of the junior coronation
- If chosen, be crowned as Royalty: Junior King, Junior Queen, Junior Prince and Junior Princess
Parents: as candidates, your children will have the opportunity to…
- Build self-esteem
- Gain interpersonal communication skills
- Develop a sense of responsibility
- Work in a group setting
- Have a unique experience with a lifetime of memories
- Application Deadline: May 31st
- Candidate Photos – June 8, 9 a.m. – Noon
- Kids Night in the Park – June 25, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Raspberry Nite at the Ballpark – July 3rd, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Meet the Candidates Fashion Show – July 10th 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Private Interviews – July 12, 8 a.m.- Noon
- Kiddie Parade – July 15, 5 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Junior Coronation Rehearsal – July 14, 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Junior Coronation and Dance- July 16, 7 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Grande Day Parade – July 20, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Register online using this form or mail completed application to the festival office:
Hopkins Raspberry Festival
Attention: Junior Candidate Coordinator
175 Jackson Avenue North, Suite 417
Hopkins, MN 55343
Questions? Call 952.931.0878 or e-mail the Junior Candidate Coordinator