Hunt for the Golden Raspberry/Golden Raspberry Selfie Contest
The contest is split between the traditional Hunt for the Golden Raspberry, and the Golden Raspberry Selfie Contest. Prize denominations for the two events include: Hunt for Golden Raspberry ($300), Individual Selfie ($100), and Family and/or Group Selfie ($100).
Golden Raspberry Contest Rules
- The Golden Raspberry will be hidden on public property within the Hopkins city limits
- Clues will be posted at the sponsor’s location, the festival’s web site, and on social media at 8:00 a.m. and each day thereafter
- It will be found outdoors
- It will be in an open area, not buried or hidden
- It will not be hidden in a place more than six feet high
Golden Raspberry Contest Winner – 2017: Chris Aanestad
Golden Raspberry Contest Winner – 2018: Mike Schatz
Golden Raspberry Selfie Contest Rules
- The Golden Raspberry Selfie Contest begins the first Monday of the festival, and each day thereafter, totaling five (5) days
- Clues will be posted at the sponsor’s location, the festival web site, and on social media at 8:00 a.m. each day.
- The clue will guide you to a location within the Hopkins city limits. Take a selfie picture individually and/or as a family or group. Make sure your selfie includes the location in the background
- Post the selfie to each of the festival’s social media platforms with the hashtag “#BerrySelfie2019”. Social media platforms include: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Each individual social media account may post an individual selfie picture and a family or group selfie picture per day. By the end of the week, each individual social media account could have a total of five (5) selfie individual entries, and five (5) selfie family or group entries
- Selfies must be posted no later than 6:00 p.m. on Friday, prior to the Family Day event. In order to be eligible for the cash prize, you must follow or like the social media pages
Golden Raspberry Selfie Contest Winners – 2017: Individual, Vanessa Satsu and Family/Group, Leann Warnest Manning
Golden Raspberry Selfie Contest Winners – 2018: Individual, Rebecca Rodriguez and Family/Group, David Campbell
Please Keep in Mind
- Property must not be damaged during the search for the Golden Raspberry or while taking selfie photos
- Previous winners of the contest, and their immediate family (e.g. parents, spouses, brothers/sisters, children), are not eligible for prize consideration for five (5) years after winning the contest
- Contest winners will be announced on the Family Days Main Stage, Central Park on Saturday
- Selfie contest winners in the two categories: Individual, and Family or Group setting will be randomly selected as long as they meet the criteria of the contest
The 2018 Golden Raspberry program sponsor is Alan Beck, Farmers Insurance, located at 703 Mainstreet.
Good luck and happy hunting!